An SSL certificate is a digital certificate. It will authenticate a website’s identity for the website’s security purposes. SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer. A security protocol that is based on an encrypted link between a web server and a web browser to protect your website’s confidential data secure. An SSL certificate is used to secure credit card transactions, data transfer and logins, and secure browsing of social media sites. Companies and organizations need to add SSL certificates to their websites to keep their customer information secure.
SSL certificate keep your internet connections secure and prevent criminals from reading or modifying your data files or information. When you see a padlock icon next to the URL in the address bar, that means, you are vesting an SSL-protected website. SSL Certificates bind together:
- A domain name, server name or site hostname
- An organizational identity (company name) and location
- An organization needs to install the SSL Certificate onto its web server to secure session with browsers. Once a secure connection is established, all web traffic between the web server and the web browser will be safe and secure.
- When a certificate is successfully installed on your server, the application protocol HTTP will change to HTTPS, where the ‘S’ stands for ‘secure’.
Types of SSL Certificate
There are different types of SSL certificates with different validation levels. six main types are:
- Extended Validation certificates (EV SSL)
- Organization Validated certificates (OV SSL)
- Domain Validated certificates (DV SSL)
- Wildcard SSL certificates
- Multi-Domain SSL certificates (MDC)
- Unified Communications Certificates (UCC)
How Does An SSL Certificate Work?
This particular kind of cryptography harnesses the power of two keys that’s based on long strings of randomly generated numbers. These keys are called;
- Private key
- Public key
A public key is on your server available in the public domain. It can be used to encrypt any message. If Ahmed is sending a message to Ali, he will lock it with Ali’s public key. Ali is the only one who has his private key and can be unlock Ahmed’s message. If a hacker intercepts the message before Ali unlocks it, all they will get is a cryptographic code that they cannot break, even with the high-end power of a computer.
Why Do I Need an SSL Certificate?
SSL Certificates protect your sensitive data or site information and record such as;
- credit card information
- Keep data secure between servers
- Increase your Google Rankings
- Build customer trust
- Improve conversion rates
Where Do I Buy an SSL Certificate?
If you want to get SSL Certificates, always prefer to get issued from a trusted Certificate Authority (CA). The Root Certificate must be present on the end user’s machine in order to build trust. If it is not trusted the browser will present untrusted error messages to the end-user.
Web hosting companies like Pakchamp Soft are known to provide SSL certificate Pakistan, pk domain registration and web hosting plans in Lahore Pakistan. You can buy SSL Certificate from Pakchamp Soft for just 1500 PKR/Year. In our Comodo positive SSL you will get;
- With Comodo SSL Pro
- Offers a high assurance
- A certificate with added features
- For comprehensive website
Pakchamp web hosting company server in hosting ring since 2016. you can buy an SSL Certificate from our hosting company to protect your website sensitive data from hacker’s attacks.